León Colonial y Hervideros de San Jacinto
This tour takes you in time to visit the ruins of the old city of León, the first capital of Nicaragua founded by the Spanish in 1524. Later we will visit the new city of León, with its beautiful Cathedral recently named as a World Heritage Site By UNESCO; Rubén Darío House-Museum; Art Gallery Ortiz-Gurdián, and Hervideros of San Jacinto, witness of the volcanic activity of the region.
- Visit Pompeii of Nicaragua (Old Lion), where we will enjoy the best view of Momotombo Volcano, Momotombito Volcano, Apoyeque Peninsula, and Lake Managua.
- Visit the city of Leon that houses the largest church in Central America, The House-museum Rubén Darío, The Art Gallery Ortiz Guardian the largest in Central America.
- The San Jacinto boils.
Your journey begins at your hotel and from there to the drive to the city of Leon. But before arriving, we will visit the Pompeii of Nicaragua, Leon Viejo to enjoy the first city built by the Spanish in 1524 and abandoned in 1610 by the volcanic eruptions of the Momotombo volcano. After the stop, follow the city of León, where is the largest church in Central America; The Museum of Rubén Darío; The art gallery Ortiz Gurdián; The murals alluding to the revolution and last but not least the hervideros of San Jacinto.
- Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Transfer from and to the hotel
- Bilingual guide
- Bottled water
- Transportation to hotel
Services not included:
- Depends on where the hotel is, the activity itself is 6 hours (approx.)
Place of departure:
- The tour departs from your hotel.
- In the morning of the hotel